How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Regrards my previous question and your answer I have now

Customer Question

Regrards my previous question and your answer I have now spoken to my friend and she has informed me that

1. No permission was requested

2. No verbal agreement ( on land since 1966)

3. Application by my friend for adverse possession of land under Section 53 L and Registry. NI 1970

A Doubt raised by Land Registry under Section 6 of the Land Registry Act NI 1970 to the High Court Northern Ireland regarding the application of my friend for adverse possession of land under Section 53 Land Registry Act 1970 NI.

My question:- What are the possible questions that may arise out of

Section 6 :-

(1) Any person aggrieved by any order of the registrar, or by any decision of the registrar other than a decision on a matter expressly stated to be in his discretion, may appeal to the High Court, and that Court may annul or confirm, with or without modification, the order or decision.

(2) Whenever the Registrar entertains a doubt as to any question of law or of fact arising in the course of registration under this act, he may make an order to refer this to the High Court.

(3) Save as is otherwise provided by section 61, the High Court, in any proceedings under this section, shall if so requested by the registrar, and may in any case , if necessary appoint, person of unsound mind, person absent from Northern Ireland , unborn person or person as to whom it is not known if he is dead or alive.

(4) The High Court, if it is satisfied that the interest of any person represented as is mentioned in subsection (3), are sufficiently protected by the representation, make an order declaring that he shall conclusively bound by the decision of the court and thereupon, he shall subject to section(7), be bound accordingly as if he were a party.

Thank you,
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you have a specific question?