How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

what does my ex partner have to declare when claiming from

Customer Question

what does my ex partner have to declare when claiming from the csa. she is working 24 hrs a week her partner is in full time work and they are living together full time. my ex is claiming hb single parent allowance, working tax credit and her son is full time working .at the end of the day she is better of than me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you.
I am afraid that the calculation is based ONLY on your income not what income your ex has at all.
The amount you pay depends on how many children you have together, how many other children you have in your household and how often your child spends the night in your care.
You can find the Calculation here
I am sorry to have to give you bad news - but please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,