How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son is the the last grandchild to recieve his inheritance

Customer Question

My son is the the last grandchild to recieve his inheritance on his 18th birthday, last week. The executer is his aunt whom he has never met. Bens dad advised us to contact the solicitor who last dealt with the previous family member several years ago. He said she would be able to transfer it quite simply into his account as the complicated stuff was done years ago. She seemed angry that we contacted him and is now not communicating with him and instesd said her solicitor will be dealing with it all and will be paid bycheque. Was the solicitor right about it being simple and is this woman just being awkward? How long could it take if she does it this way?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Ignoring her mood, I cant see what issue there is with this. Why do you doubt what the solicitor said? When was everyone else paid out?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Yes it is simple and yes she is being difficult - but sadly she is entitled to deal with it via solicitors if she pleases.
It is likely to add a week or two to the process - no more than that.
I suggest that a copy of your sons birth certificate is sent to "her " solicitor.
If you wish to avoid the extra few days of cheque clearance then you can offer to pay for the Bank Transfer - but there seems little point in doing so.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details