How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

while we were living abroad our financial advisor sold three

Customer Question

while we were living abroad our financial advisor sold three properties belonging to me and my family we have now got forensic proof that our signatures were forged the land registry have said they will compensate us for our loss only to the property value, we also need to claim from the law society, and the fsa, we have no money and do not employ a solicitor,how do we get a solicitor to make our compensation claim without funds.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. If the land registry have said they will compensate you then what other damages have you suffered? Was the financial adviser regulated by the FSA ( now FCA)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he was, when we returned from france we were homeless we were left with nothing, and had to start all over again, total value £850000, we were let down by our lawyer who failed to protect our interests,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
So that you are aware, the experts in the site are not online all the time, it is not a real time service.

If the adviser was FSA regulated then you may have a claim against he financial services compensation scheme and should contact them but if the land registry have agreed to compensate you for the loss of the houses, can you not wait to receive those funds and then instruct a lawyer to pursue the other advisers.

you do not need a lawyer to seek FSCs payments but otherwise you will and it it is not easy to get a solicitor to act on a no win non fee basis . It might be worth investigating litigation funding and there are firms that might help you with this .
You could contact the association of litigation funders to try and get an introduction or discuss it with a local solicitor