How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

12 years ago I invested a large sum of money into property

Customer Question

12 years ago I invested a large sum of money into property bought by my ex-daughter in law. The agreement was that should she re-marry and have 2 properties to sell then my investment, with interest earned, would be repaid to me. She has recently refused to answer my letters and now I have learned that she and her husband have sold their property in England and moved to Gold Coast, Queensland. Her name isXXXXX I can provide further details but basically I would like to know if we have any legal rights to re-claim our investment. My husband and I are retired pensioners on limited income and would be unable to meet legal fees unless there would be a degree of certainty in recovering the original sum plus 12 years interest. I am also aware there are discrepancies regarding child support involving her eldest son who has been sent to Canada to live with his father. Your sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX XXXX 01509 [email protected]

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi do you have any record of this agreement or was it entirely oral?