How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a friend of mine who I recently found out that back

Customer Question

I have a friend of mine who I recently found out that back in 2002 when I moved from the area was imprisoned at Peterborough crown court to life under the 3 strike rule, for armed robbery& possession of firearms. he was told by judge shaw qc he was recommending a sentence of 12yrs. I have returned back to the area as a permanent move to be with children & now grandchildren, it seems that over the yrs his family have relocated elsewhere in the country making it very difficult to actually track down where in the system he may well be,could you tell me if he has remained in cstody to serve his 12 years am I write in thinking that he may be no longer in a high risk prison but perhaps a c,or d or because of the seriousness of the crimes he has commited from a young and previous absconding frm Bedford prison after home leafe bck in the 90's would he still be assessed as a high risk there fore still in the maximum security prisons, im just trying to find a way that I can actually allocate him & contact him, thnku for any help u can give me.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Have you contacted the Prison service please?
JACUSTOMER-ujqlo443- :

hi alex, I have not as yet contacted the prison services as I am not sure exactly were to & who to contact, I didn't know if any info u can help with would steer me in right direction as to the cat prison he may be in still, I do not have his prison number or exact dob but have full name family address upon arrest and also name of judge sentencing & date of sentence, I jst want to write to him and let him know I am bck in the area and see what help and support I can give him. i'll wait to hear frm you.thnks alot

Alex Watts : I can not find out the information for you as I can not be instructed and this is a question and answer site only. I can tell you who to contact and where to look if that helps?