How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

i lived in my mother , council flat since her death,the council

Customer Question

i lived in my mother , council flat since her death,the council say i am not allowed to
take over the tenancy,because the prof i lived there for over a year were not acceptable,
since mums passing i have stayed in the flat,for over three months paying no rent, as her payment card was for her,and the council have not sent a letter to the address.
but they did send me a council tax draft in my name as the new tenant.with the
final payment may next year
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

How long were you in the property before she died? If so how can you prove this?