How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, My wife is about to leave me with our children. I dont

Customer Question

Hi, My wife is about to leave me with our children. I don't want her to leave and Im not going. She has accused me of mental abuse to her and the children. Can she get a court order to have me removed from the house? Until a few weeks ago I didnt realise there was a problem.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
has she threatened this?
What kind of abuse is she alleging?
If she is leaving you, why is she getting you removed?
Do you mean removing you as opposed to her leaving?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, she said she was advised she can, but said she wont. She wants me to keep all stuff in house for when i have kids over. It sounds amicable, but she's been to council and thinks she can have a council house because of what she's said ive done.


I wondering, if she can't get a house, can she easily get me removed. the house is in my name


can she she get me removed



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
How old are the children?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?