How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If something happened to myself and my ex husband and we both

Customer Question

If something happened to myself and my ex husband and we both wrote a will as to where our boys would go,and I want them to go to my grown up son who has great support network from his dad's side his sister (my daughter)and his girlfriends family with him he lived with!and my ex husband my youngest two boys dad wants them to go to one his sisters which they rarely see one who lives in Leeds so the boys would be taken away from all they know and my youngest son is special needs ad goes to special school!so would be extremely unsettling for him!
Then his other sister doesn't hardly see them either and has rarely spent time by herself with them and finds them difficult and also struggled to bring her own son up and suffers anxiety issues and other problems!
Who would the judge likely agree for them to go to? My eldest son and my second youngest have a strong bond they see him regulatory he takes em on days out babysits and his family of his own dad's side have been part their lives to and also he would have support of his older sister!the boys would be less disrupted as they be in same area and near both families and schools!my ex husbands family have not struck up any kind of close bond with the boys and luckily alto they local to see them a few times a year! My son would also get my legal rights to the boys if something happened to me also in my will!
Also say my ex husband failed to make will like this but I did wot would happen who would the boys likely go to as I would want least upheaval and the closest ppl to them and know them and their ways to be there for them rather than ppl who ment be family but don't know them!
Any advice on this matter would be great!

Lynne mills
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you have a specific question please?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you.
How old are your children?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
In order to give you assistance I need to know how old the children are?