How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

i have just been delivered a letter informing me that i have

Customer Question

i have just been delivered a letter informing me that i have been declared bankrupt? I knew nothing of this. Its in my married name, I changed to my maiden name in February 2006,and I know that I changed everything over and had no oustanding debts at that time. What can I do
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is AJ and I will assist you today.

Do you know who the trustee in bankruptcy is? - If you do not you will need to start by contacting the insolvency services and find out who is administering your affairs. If this has been done in error you may be able to have the bankruptcy annulled but you will need to contact the Insolvency Service as soon as possible.

Is there any indication as to who petitioned for the bankruptcy?

Please let me know this further information and I am happy to continue this dialogue.

Kind regards