How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

what is the legal position of a parent never married to the

Customer Question

what is the legal position of a parent never married to the father of her child ,who has just died leaving a sizeable estate to his son in trust untill he is 23 ,but no provision for his maintenance .he is 14 .the father used to pay £600 a month
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.


Position in respect of what please?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Unless provision has been made for the Trustees to make payments on account of maintenance from the estate then you can in fact apply to the court on the grounds that the deceased has made insufficient provision for the child during his minority.
As a starting point you need to enquire about the terms of the Trust and then consider what options you wish to pursue.
I hope that that is of assistance - please ask if you need further details