How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was ignored when my Mother died and now am trying to claim

Customer Question

I was ignored when my Mother died and now am trying to claim what is mine from my sister. Problem is. I live in England and she lives in Scotland. I am having trouble finding someone in my area TW15 who can help with Scottish Law.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Kasare replied 4 years ago.
Hi welcome to Just Answer. I will try to assist you with this. However, I need a little more information.

Was your mother Scottish and resident in Scotland at the time of her death?
Did your mother leave a will or not?
When did your momther die?
Whar has your sister said in regards XXXXX XXXXX estate?
Are there any other siblings and your father, is he still alive?
Why do you require a lawyer in your local area? Is there any special reason?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My mother lived in Scotland

Yes she left a will.

She died August 2012.

I have been dealing with my sisters Solicitor and have received an offer of settlement. but in the will there is no mention of the house.

Her Solicitor has continually recommended that I should contact my own solicitor

I was not interested I any financial renumeration originally, just a few items I had asked for.

No there are only the two of us and my father died several years ago.

I just felt it would be easier to talk face to face!