How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have a catering business in a rented property. There have

Customer Question

I have a catering business in a rented property. There have been problems with the hot water supply for which I have been constantly phoning the landlord. I have been without running hot water for several weeks and although I have bought a self filling boiler this is not acceptable with the food hygiene regulations and this has resulted in me losing my food hygiene score and potentially my business. Can I get compensation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning :

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Law Denning :

What loss have you suffered?

JACUSTOMER-t2cytdeh- :

II have lost my "scores on the doors "

JACUSTOMER-t2cytdeh- :

I had a number 4 and now it has been reduced to number one which is the worst that you can get, simply because I had no running hot water.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

thank you.

I need to know what your rental agreement says about the
provision of services.

Do you have a lease or a licence?

You will need to read the agreement in detail in all probability.

I am off-line shortly until tomorrow but will pick this up then.
Thank you