How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Trouble with Privilege. Took 2 lots of £250 from my daughter

Customer Question

Trouble with Privilege. Took 2 lots of £250 from my daughter excesses before they would look into broken glass claims. I didn't like it. said I didn't want them any more and wanted the excesses refunded. Been trying for nearly a month. At one stage they insisted that they had only one excess of £250. I speak to a different person every time.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends. 
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What do you require? Maybe I should just have gone to Ombudsman as I did in the past. By the way "[email protected]" belongs to me only. Not another person as you suggest.

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

I need the full background detail please as to what the excesses for and how they were paid. I need as much information as possible please. Thank you

You could always go to the Financial Ombudsman but do remember that the Financial Ombudsman could take up to 12 months to resolve this.