How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71056
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i feel that my child is being segregrated at school. recently

Customer Question

i feel that my child is being segregrated at school. recently the family has gone through being sick.and having high temp, coughing, feeling lothargic. my daughter took a day off school because she woke up on tuesday morning unable to get out of bed. my son who is at the same 6th form college told her to stay in bed. a few hours later my son text his sister to let her know that her teacher was enquiring about her. my daughter then rang the school to let them know why she is absent. once she spoke to the teacher she rang me to let me know too, my daughter also told me that the school has been trying to get in touch with me as well. i rang the school to ask what had happened because i had 3 missed calls. i was then told that my daughter had impersonated me on the phone. i explained to them that was impossible because i had just spoken to my daughter and she had no need to do so. the school is refusing to accept it and are holding a meeting to see if they want to re addmit my daughter. she has explained to the head so many times but clearly made up their minds about this situation, the only way the head is wiling to let my daughter continue her education is if she completes a punishment in an isolation room rom 8am to 4pm please can you advise me as to what i can do. and how i can solve this situation. thank you mrs ansari
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?

What would you like to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i would like to come to an agreement with the school so that my daughters future is not affected. the school has already asked me to look for alternative education. i feel this is simply a misunderstanding but the school has made up their mind.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
How old is she please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my daughter is 17 years old

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Are you unwilling to let her complete the punishment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes only because she has not done any thing wrong and the school are saying it's not sure whether she will continue her study there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I do completely see why you are concerned. It seems a very heavy punishment for what has actually happened.

However, the fact remains that this is their view and you have to deal with it. They may well maintain their view that she impersonated you. I suppose if they received a phone call purporting to be from you and it was not then they will take some convincing that it was not her.

In any event, they seem to be saying that if she does complete this punishment then they will let her return.

If they do refuse to let her return then you can take them to the Tribunal. Your rights to a school appeal do not end just because this is a sixth form college. You still have the same rights of appeal. They are in decline but they are still substantial.

Ultimately though the place to start is negotiating withe the school. That is free to do and may succeed.

Failing that you will have to appeal.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.