Im considering ending my 5-year relationship to my same

Customer Question

I'm considering ending my 5-year relationship to my same sex partner. We have been in a civil partnership since April 2009; four and a half years. Before this, we signed, and had witnessed, a pre-marital agreement, the essence of which was, 'what we came with, we leave with'. I came with a mortgage and a fully furnished home. Almost everything in our home since we met has been paid for by me. I want to understand what the risks are to my assets by ending our relationship please?
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
Is your question what would be the division of assets? 
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I specifically need to know what would be the division of assets.

Neither my partner nor I have dependents. My partner is working full time and is capable of taking care of his own needs. I can't see how he would need any additional financial support from me, should be end our relationship.

He would have to move out of our one-bedroomed flat.

Sean Ferrer

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
At the time the agreement was made did you both have separate Legal Advice and how long before the Ceremony was it signed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Clare

Thanks for coming back to me.

At the time the agreement was made, neither of us had separate legal advice.

I produced the agreement using a template I'd found online.

We both signed it, and had a witness each sign it, the night before our civil partnership ceremony.

I am happy to email you a copy of the agreement if you feel it would be helpful to see it.

Sean Ferrer

How much is the property worth and how much outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?