How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

im trying to sue southend council.but the judge has asked for

Customer Question

im trying to sue southend council.but the judge has asked for better particulars of claim,& a statement of truth.the case is about my thai partner lying to the police that i abused our daughter.the police investigated,& one week later said no further action would be the start of the investigation the police asked social services to house the family,whilst the investigation took place.they did this but because my partner was not entitled to public money because of her visa,they stopped paying & sent the family to the thai embassy.they told the embassy that nobody would object if the family went back to daughter was born in thailand,but she also has a uk passport,so she has dual nationality,so she was entitled to public money,in fact my child tax credits were stopped when the social services started to house the family in a bed & breakfast.
i went through the complaints process & an independent investigator looked into my complaints.when she interviewed the social worker who ran the case,he lied to her about what happened(which i have proof of).she also found out that he was an agency member of staff who had only been there a few weeks,& was left unsupervised because his manager was on holiday.
after the investigation the council offered me £200 compensation.which i turned down as insulting,plus it cost me £3200 to go to thailand to get my daughter back.the council then offered me £200 compensation & £880 for the cost of the flights to & from thailand for myself & my daughter,again i said no to this offer.and so i decided to go to court.
i think that the council & social services failed in many aspects
1 they failed to continue to pay for the b&b
2 they allowed an agency member of staff to work unsupervised
3 they failed to keep records of conversations & guidence during the case
4 the social worker lied in interview to the investigating officer
5 they failed to inform myself or the police that the thai embassy was going to send the family back to thailand.which they knew would be considered as abduction.

could you please help me with the better particulars of case & statement of truth

thank you

rikki seaton
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : What you would you like to know about this today?
JACUSTOMER-2p61v108- :

what are better particulars in my case

JACUSTOMER-2p61v108- :

what does the judge mean by better particulars

Alex Watts :

Are you suing for maladministration or something else please - I just need to be clear so I can help?