How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been served an enforcement notice even though I am working

Customer Question

I have been served an enforcement notice even though I am working with the council in Herts with regards XXXXX XXXXX kerb. They have refused planning due to not having visibility but have had an independent survey done and we have visibility. They also say is is infringing on the 'verdent' aspect of the area but currently it is a building site as we were told to stop work on site in 2010 when I had twins. We have told them that we would use as little paving as possible and use grass protector to ensure greenery and have a small wall. Any help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Have they given a right of appeal please?
JACUSTOMER-2anu07qo- :

Dear Alex,

No appeal can be given as this notice was given in 2011 just after out last planning application.

Then we went to court for an appeal on Inspectorate report and paid for barrister report.

Got independent report for site which was in our favour.


Alex Watts :

Hi Liz - but when was this served? Normally there is a right of appeal?