How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bien-cssm Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5
Type Your Law Question Here...
Bien-cssm is online now

My sons girlfriend in confidence told a Domestic Violence

Customer Question

My son's girlfriend in confidence told a Domestic Violence Councillor - that the Family Services people insisted that she see - that she had been assaulted (while pregnant) - (the police came to the house at the time and when she would not make a damning statement took her home). Later she wanted to explain that as she was mad she had exaggerated but it seems it is too late - they have already told her that they are putting the unborn baby on a protection order. Can they use this 'confidential conversation' to prosecute my son. His girlfriend is under pressure to do as they request or risk having the baby taken away.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
This information cannot be used to prosecute your son - unless of course the young lady is prepared to make a Statement to the Police - which clearly she is not willing to do.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Bien-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.