How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49862
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have advised my Doctors of a change of address which is outside

Customer Question

I have advised my Doctors of a change of address which is outside their catchment area, i have been told to look for a new doctor in the area that i now live, i have asked to stay on their books, do i have to leave the practice?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Unfortunately your GP is legally entitled to remove you from their list in the circumstances. If you have moved out of their catchment area they are no longer obliged to keep you on their books and can remove you from their list and ask you to register with a different practice. However, they need to give you at least 30 days' notice of the proposed removal to enable you to make alternative arrangements. You can get official confirmation here:

Ben Jones :

You can write to the practice to ask them to reconsider their decision but that is done entirely at their discretion

Ben Jones :

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you are unhappy for some reason with the advice - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you very much