How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I recently purchased a car from a trade dealer and then had

Customer Question

I recently purchased a car from a trade dealer and then had it checked over, at the first opportunity, by a franchised dealer. The dealer came back with a list of problems and a quote for over £2800 to put them right. I returned the car to the dealer and said that I was not happy and he agreed to refund £8700 within 7 - 10 working days (in front of a witness). I spoke with the dealer yesterday and he said that he would need the V5 log book to come from the DVLA before he could sell the car "on my behalf". I pointed that I had returned the under the sale of goods act and that the car was now his, not mine. We are now at day 11 and I have not received the money. Where do I stand and how do I get my money ??
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do you have anything in writing regarding the return of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing in writing but he did make a point of shaking my hand on the offer in front of my brother in law who had come along to support me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

What were the problems please? I'm just offline for about 30 mins but will pick up then if thats ok?