How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi A creditor whom I owe £2050.00 has decided to make me

Customer Question


A creditor whom I owe £2050.00 has decided to make me bankrupt and has submitted form 6.7 to the court . The petition is to be heard on the 7 November 2013. I would like to ask the court to give me time to pay the debt and therefore avoid bankruptcy - I would like to ask for a 30 day extension. I understand that I can submit form 6.19 opposing the bankruptcy petition on the grounds that I am raising the money to pay the petitioner within the 30 days. Can you confirm that what I intend doing is permissible.

Thanks Derek
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Do you have evidence it can be satisfied within 30 days?