How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

we were advised that on Thursday morning the company which

Customer Question

we were advised that on Thursday morning the company which i worked for ceased trading due to a large customer going into administration. we were told that we could look for other work and if required letters would be issued for mortgage insurance policies. over the weekend the managing directors son (who is also a director) has been telling people that they haven't ceased trading but will not pay wages that are outstanding to all employees, no payments to suppliers etc. he has offered work for cash to some of the employees.
in view of this, i have decided to go self employed, how do i stand?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you asking if you can go self employed?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. I am a bit unclear on the specific questions you wish to receive an answer to in relation to your situation - can you please clarify these for me, thanks