How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello I have a tenant with 4 children in a 3-bed house and

Customer Question

Hello I have a tenant with 4 children in a 3-bed house and Havering Council is paying the rent but since 26 August they have cut it by half under their cap. The tenant does not have any money to tap it up but she want to be evicted so she can get a council house. I have found a buyer for the property and I spoke to Havering Council last Friday as they told the tenant that I couldnt sell without evicting her. Havering came back to me this morning and said I should speak to somebody at CAB to get a clear understanding as they have been telling tenants that landlords should evict through the Courts. She did say that it would be easier and quicker now that I have found a buyer. I wounder that is your view on this as surely a tenant cannot stop you from selling your property. She has not signed a new contract because of the position
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return

Alex Watts :

What is in your tenancy agreement regarding sale or termination please?