How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i have been paying my accountant a standing order of £400 pm

Customer Question

i have been paying my accountant a standing order of £400 pm from the beginning of 2008 and five years later he gives ma a bill for £9500 and tells me that, in his words"partly my fault for not keeping a closer eye on things but you owe me £1100 for 2008,£3300 for 2009"and so on.How can he come to me 5 years later with this bill?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why do you owe this money please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he says he was under charging me.i still dont understand how he can only bring the matter up 5 years latter

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Do you dispute the charges?

I understand its a large amount to find but do you dispute the charges?