How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Grandad has demetia but the house we live in is in his name.

Customer Question

My Grandad has demetia but the house we live in is in his name. What to my family have to do to get his affairs in order as he is not coherent enough to sign any documentation.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
You will need to apply to be appointed as his Deputy - details here
It is a lengthy process but all the forms are available online and you can do it yourself if you wish.
Sadly there is no alternative option.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details