How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My godson lived with me and my family for the past 7 years.

Customer Question

My godson lived with me and my family for the past 7 years. Last dec yhe 3rd his brought him to our house for birthday. We were at his birthday party on the 8th dec the on the 11th de0c the police turn up with a harrassment order without any warning
Now my husband and i wish to see him as it broke our heatt not seening him his mum has tryed lots of things to stop us seeing him including accusing my husdand of historical rape which the case was fun to be untrue.but andrew is 8 on the 3rd of dec and we want to know at what age will a court take andrews wishes into consideration regarding him wanting yo see us as his mum will not let us see him
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is your exact relationship with the child and why did the child live with you for so long?