How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I have a court order saying my ex should not have my address

Customer Question

Hi I have a court order saying my ex should not have my address or phone number yet at the last child protection meeting last week the social worker had plastered all my details across their report which the ex and all were party to. They said they realised their mistake and apologised and said they would look in to it. They did not allow us to talk about it any further. I am furious and whilst I cant change my address now I have to change my phone number. Any advice and should I complain. I'm told to be careful about complaining about SS and I'm scared it would go against me.
Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did they notice it in time to prevent your ex from seeing it?
Have you had any problems because of it yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I only saw it the day before the meeting and by that time the report had been distributed to one and all. They know they have breached a court order. You should have seen the look on their faces. No there have been no problems since but he has been violent to me in the past which is why got out of the relationship. At the meeting he admitted he knew where I lived anyway as he had looked me up on 192.

thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
So apart from the phone number they did not actually cause you a problem (but only because he already knew) is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Yes correct.

no problem so far . Just peeved I guess at their casual attitude to breaking a court order. I would be in trouble if I broke an order, would I not?thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Exactly - and yes you must complain - forget the court order - this could have put you at physical risk.
So a formal letter stating what has happened, asking for an apology in writing, and an assurance that their systems are being reviewed to ensure nothing similar could happened again would be appropriate
keep it calm and unemotional - but firm
I hope this helps