How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi there, social services want to come to speak to me and my

Customer Question

Hi there, social services want to come to speak to me and my children today, which I declined and told them they can speak to me not to children. This follows the A&E admission of my husband due to his increased drinking over long summer holidays and taking sleeping tablets. When we came back he reduced the intake which provoke withdrawal symptoms. He is not violent, abusive, I never or now feel threatened, children never suspect anything, or noticed, they do not know that he is in hospital for those reasons, they were never under any threat and for that reason I do not want them alarmed or disturbed and what they are doing effectively, adding stress and pressure to the whole situation. My husband asked for help and wanted to to treatment. Can you please advise can I refuse completely that they speak to my children at this point?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?