How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I have a customer that I have supplied some good to, and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a customer that I have supplied some good to, and have agreed to refund him as he was not totally happy.. I advised he could keep the product out of good faith, I have promised to reinburse him but as of today not had spare funds to do so.. I found out last night that he had gone onto my facebook page for my busines and quoted over 10 time on different pictures "do not use me he is a crook a lier and a thief, please call me for more information is required " ... I have asked him politeley to remove such items to which he has refused until I pay him in full..

Do I just leave it or take it further..


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Do you know if the customer has any money please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo


In what way ?? he has just opened a camera shop so I think he is probable comfortable..



Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

Obviously you can ask Facebook to remove the offending post.

You also have a claim in defamation. You could also complain to the police about harassment. You will need to print off the page and make a report at your local station. They can give him a harassment warning. You may be told that this is a civil matter. It is not a civil matter. It is a criminal offence and if they weren't too busy mediating relationship squabbles and neighbour disputes they may have time to investigate proper crimes. If you do get that answer then you should complain.

In relation to the defamation, I'm afraid that you will have to pay a solicitor as there is no legal aid and it is not suitable for no win no fee. A defamation action could cost in excess of 10K if it is contested but the threat of costs may persuade them to remove the post.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Jo

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Can I clarify anything for you?