How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my partner of 13yrs has said she wants to move from shrewsbury

Customer Question

my partner of 13yrs has said she wants to move from shrewsbury england to ireland which would make it impossible for me to see my kids. we seperated 11months ago and i pay child support via csa and more on top. i have care of the boys for 10 days each month and we split summer holidays and easter. can she do this ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and are you named on their birth certificates?
Why does she wish to move?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they are 5,4 and 2 yes i am on all birth certificates she wants to move as her brother lives there. but my boys dont know him all the family they have ever known live within 10mins of where they live now.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Your ex cannot take the children out of the country without your agreement or an order from the court.
If she does you can apply to the court in Ireland for the children to be returned to England (and Wales)
If you fear that she will simply try to do so you can make an immediate application to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order - which will mean she cannot do so.
It will then be up to her t explain to the court how and why it woudl be better for the children if the mover was made - which is unlikely to be successful
gives some details - please ask if you need more