How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71034
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I accidentally drove through a restricted area which then led

Customer Question

I accidentally drove through a restricted area which then led me into a pedestrian precinct in Luton. There was no `no entry` sign that l could see. There was a camera on the traffic light. It happened on a Sunday. Could this be an endorsable offence ? I presume the canera was a council camera and not a police one.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you report it please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No l didn`t. I am not sure who to report it to. I know that it is not a police matter but presumably it will be a council matter ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

There are really two options here.

The first is that the cameras were from the department of transport enforceable by police. If so then that is probably just a traffic light offence cameras.

The second is that they are council cameras enforcing no entry signs. If so, that is not endorsable. It just leads to the normal fixed penalty like for parking fines.

Either way though, do nothing. Not all these cameras have film in them so you may hear nothing.

Also, if this is a no entry sign issue then you can defend this on the basis that there were no signs. They cannot enforce a prohibition without signing.

Can I clarify anything for you?