How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a legal charge on a property I have moved out of. My

Customer Question

I have a legal charge on a property I have moved out of. My ex partner is still living there waiting to sell it. How do I call in this charge if he doesn't sell. I presume it will automatically be repaid to me if he does sell?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What are the terms of the charge?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nil interest rate.


legal date for redemption: legal right of redemption ceases on the first payment day after the date of the charge and in favour of the purchaser the statutory right power of sale arises on that day"

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
But what were the terms agreed that would trigger the payments?