How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am dealing with an intestate. The deceased did not leave

Customer Question

I am dealing with an intestate.
The deceased did not leave a will. He had a business. He was the only named account holder. The business will fold very quickly without the grant of letter of administration.
The value of the estate exceeds the Inheritance Tax threshold being a residuary estate of £485000. The widow will receive half of this as a life interests. The two sons will receive the other half immediately.
The sons have agreed to the widow receiving some of their money as an interspousal transfer. In this way they get some of her money early and the grant of letters of administration can be obtained.
I need a deed of family arrangement precedent quickly in order to keep the business going.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to find a deed of family arrangement precedent


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What about the basic £250,000 the widow is entitled to?