How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had used my trade name and acquired car for a relative, after

Customer Question

I had used my trade name and acquired car for a relative, after several months of owning the vehicle and being of the road he finally had it registered and started to drive it.

The next thing I know is a court order telling me I have 6 points on my Licence and a £1000 fine, I am furious I haven't even sat in the car much less have driven it.

What can I do to amend this situation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What were the points issued for please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

fail to give information of a driver or a rider of a vehicle in charge of, I had no idea of this or any other offence this vehicle might have had.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Did you get a NIP through the post at any time please?