How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are a computer support company and have a customer who requested

Customer Question

We are a computer support company and have a customer who requested a new computer and some other bits. We supplied these and since then he has said he is not happy with the service and doesn't want the items. As we have fallen out i have told him i don't want payment and want the goods back. I went there today but he has only given me some of the items. The main computer is still being used and he says we cant take it because its got his data on it. I have contact the police who have said i need a solicitors letter to request that the goods are return immediately or it would be classed as theft. Can anyone help with advice or produce such a letter. Thanks Chris
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is the value of items outstanding please?

JACUSTOMER-7jm8z2lk- :

hi Alex,

JACUSTOMER-7jm8z2lk- :

The total value is £520 for the computer. as stated before i dont want payment i just just need some sort of letter to say give the goods back immediately or his actions may be considered theft. this guy is a PPI claim back type of business and says he knows the law inside out and not only can he keep the goods and use them untill he has found an alternative but also he will bill me any charges incurred in dealing with this. kind regards chris

Alex Watts : You should write and ask for payment or the items within 7 days or you will seek a county court order that he 'delivers up' the goods. Send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If he refuses then you can issue proceedings by completing form n208
Alex Watts : A
Alex Watts : You are asking the court to order him to return the computer.
Alex Watts : The court will issue the claim and send him a copy and he will be given a limited opportunity to respond. If he does not judgment will be entered and the court will list the matter for a hearing.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing and a judge will decide whether to make the order to delivery up the co outer.
Alex Watts : If the judge makes the order and he does not comply he can be considered in contempt of court and could be fined, warned by the judge or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : But this is the order you want and how to go about it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-7jm8z2lk- :

Hi sorry for the long delay, Do i just complete the N208 and forward it to my local court?