How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are looking for a solicitor who can act for us. We live

Customer Question

We are looking for a solicitor who can act for us. We live in Australia but we need someone in UK who knows how the court fund works. As my 18yr old son was in an accident 10 years ago and the funds have not be released . We need to have a new lititgation/friend as my ex was that in the UK
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I assume there was a court order approving a settlement? Is your son with you there? Did you inform the court office of your change of address please?
Customer :

Alex I informed the court fund office and they informed me as I was not lititgation friend my ex had to do it. So they would have had the address on file. My son is with me . The judge awarded the settlement and it was put into the court fund until he turned 18 but he has never received any correspondence from them.

Alex Watts : Can your ex not inform them of the change of address please?
Customer :

well he said he has but if he had my son would have received a letter a month before he turned 18.But that was in june and still waiting

Alex Watts : Do you still have contact with the solicitors that dealt with this for your son previously?