How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71032
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am due at court on the 6th of December for and indictable

Customer Question

I am due at court on the 6th of December for and indictable offence only ,Perverting the course of justice by providing false details to a police officer at the roadside, I have been told i will not be not be sentenced until my 2nd hearing at Crown Court. Is this Correct?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Yes, that is probably correct.

You will attend the magistrates court on 6 December and the matter will be sent to the Crown Court for a preliminary hearing.

At the preliminary hearing you complete guilty but probably the judge will want a presentence report before sentencing you. That will lead to an adjournment for that take place and you will be sentenced on the 2nd date.

I do realise that probably you want this over with quickly but a report by probation, this offence, is likely to be in your interests in avoiding custody.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo,


Many thanks for that,


Regarding the offence, is there a chance my solicitor could asked to get it reduced to "providing false Particulars" or is this unlikely?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
There isn't an offence of providng false particulars but they might drop down to wasting police time or obstructing a police officer.