How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am grandparent to 6 month old who due to his mothers (my

Customer Question

i am grandparent to 6 month old who due to his mothers (my daughter) learning difficulties has gone to a foster care family with his mum for what should have been a 12 week assessment, she has only been there 5 weeks and social services are now saying that she has a deadline of 3 december in which to start looking after him properley, after this date grandson could go into foster care on his own, i am a full time carer for my 25 year old son who has severe learning difficulties so my taking on grandson full time is not an option, in the beginning i thought i would be able to care for grandson but after son was ill and daughter did not help in any way to lighten the load it became apparent that daughter and grandson would have to move into foster care family placement, since my grandson was born there has been so many contradictions in reports from social services that i wish to make a strong complaint, how do i go about this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I am not entirely certain what you wish to achieve
Are there any other family members who could care for the baby?