How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My father (Polish with european helth card)

Customer Question

My father (Polish with european helth card) is currently staying with me (daughter) in England (nearly month now) A week ago I had to call an ambulance and he stays in English Hospital. He was diagnosed with cancer, he is extremely weak. He requires 24h care (medical and personal care). I cant take him back home and care for himand he can not stay in England (there is also language barrier) He needs to go back home to Poland and be admitted to hosptal there as there is no person that can care for him there. The question is: Is the referral from English hospital accoutable( I am not sure if it is the right word) in Poland. I mean can he be addmitted to polish hospital straight after he is back in Poland?

additional info:

He is 63yrs old

he had biopsy done in Poland in 2012 he never bothered check its results.

I have requested from hospital in Poland the biopsy from 2012 to be faxed to hospital in England where he is staying at the moment.

He is completely confused about where he is (country, date, his health condition) he refuses to care for himself.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law