How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

im on pension and pension credit, and my son is wanting to

This answer was rated:

im on pension and pension credit, and my son is wanting to come and live with me hes working, will i lose any of my pension.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Will he be paying you anything please?

no only help towards gas elec, also will inform council as im on housing and council benifit, as he will have to pay some rent to them.

Alex Watts : Indeed. Then no it does not affect you.
Alex Watts : Only if you have income from him would that be included in your pension credit calculation
Alex Watts : Please see
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?

you mean i will not lose any thing, also im on D L A as i have disabilty.

Alex Watts : Forgive me I understood that you were only on pension credit.
Alex Watts : Go to this website and you can see whether it would make a change as the rules for DLA can be complex
Alex Watts :

ok thank you.

Alex Watts : Does that help? Again the website is free
Alex Watts : Or the Government own website

i will see what it says on website, thanks.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you