How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my husband applied for a divorce in January 2013. We had a

Customer Question

my husband applied for a divorce in January 2013. We had a decree nisi on 24th may. He did not apply for the absolute so I did. Court hearing on Monday. He states he knows nothing about this but I am attending. Can the judge grant the decree absolute in his absence?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
has he moved address since filing the Divorce Petition
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

am not sure but he states that his solicitor has spoken to him and knows nothing about the hearing. They have made a couple of attempts to ask for money from me but no court case has been started

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
That's fine
Yes the Decree Absolute can still be granted if he is not there
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details