How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My daughter has left home and is with a patner who is a muslim

Customer Question

My daughter has left home and is with a patner who is a muslim convert my concern is that her persolnality has changed from being a loving person to someone who is not wanting to see or speak to any of her family even me who she loved very much I hope this conversation is highly confidential as I am very concerned because her partner has a criminal record and has been quite abusive to me and my older daughter when we went to her flat to see her as she was not contacting us we are very concerned and really dont know who to talk to as we dont want to instigate any harm to her or ourselves we really dont knlow him very well at all so we are concerned she is also taking alot of time off work and lying alot so now we are thinking she may be taking drugs her personality has changed unbelievably and we are not sure if she is being controlled or if it is drugs i am worried about going to the police as i dont want them to to go their home and thereby he gets upset and does something to my daughter or our family she is now a converted muslim and although she always said she would not take it to an extreme i.e. changing her clothes and her behaviour she has now done all of that and not really mixing with her frends or us we are very concerned i would be grateful for your helf
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


I dont know what action to take and also can i find out what he was in prison for and how do i find out if he is someone the ;police are looking for

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know what action to take and who to contact and want to know if there is a place where i can find out what his criminal record is for

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

If you are asking whether or not you can find out whether he has a conviction and what it is for then I'm afraid I cannot give you good news.

I suspect I cannot really tell you anything you don't already know. You cannot get access to his previous conviction unless he is wiling to tell you.

Only the police and courts can get access to PNC.

An employer can make an application to get access but only with the agreement of the subject.

Also, he can make an application for his own CRB using a SAR at any police station but obviously he will have to agree.

I'm afraid that without his agreement you cannot get access to this information as, indeed, he could not get access to personal information stored upon you.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.