How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ExperiencedLawyer Your Own Question
ExperiencedLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 311
Experience:  I have 14+ years of experience as a family lawyer, advising people on all kinds of relationship and family law issues.
Type Your Law Question Here...
ExperiencedLawyer is online now

I have two children one age 13 who is statemented with special

This answer was rated:

I have two children one age 13 who is statemented with special needs and a 14 year old,we are moving to Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides in Scotland from Surrey. I am happily re-married and i have an amicable relationship with the boys natural father to whom i was previously married too. Our situation will be that my Husband and my 13 year old will be moving to Harris as my 14 year old is half way through GCSEs we thought it only fair to continue his education until he has completed his exams as unfair to start him into a completely different education system, so therefore I will be living with him still down here until hes finished. I am happy with this arrangement as is there natural father, for our youngest son to live with his stepfather in Harris until we get back there permantely all together as a family that shall be about another year. Do we have to legally notify anyone about this ie social services due to parental responsilbity laws? if this is something myself and there natural father have both consented too, for info i shall be going up monthly to see my youngest son during this time. i hope this all makes sense
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

- I presume you have agreed plans for how ongoing contact will work, both between your boys themselves, and between them, you, their stepfather and natural father?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, my eldest son shall be up there during the school holidays for most of summer and feb in 2014, and we have agreed with there father that both boys shall come down and stay with him at least twice yearly for a week plus at a time, he currently lives in cornwall and only see them a couple of times a year as is, so we have organised longer periods of contact on these twice yearly visits plus we shall be installing video link so he can see them and speak both daily on skype.

Thank you.

There is no need for you and your husband, or the boys father, to contact social services or seek the court's approval etc. so long as there is agreement between you all as to what is best for the children (and the plan on the face of it is a reasonable one), you will be assumed to be doing what is in the children's best interests. You should just go on with the family plan.

It sounds like an exciting move. I wish you and the family all the best. If you would like any clarification, please ask, otherwise I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

ExperiencedLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you