How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My daughter owes me £124,000. She has a flat valued at the

Customer Question

My daughter owes me £124,000.
She has a flat valued at the same amount.
How can she transfer the house to me to pay off the debt?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.


Hi there,


I take it that your daughter is happy to do this?


Does she have a Mortgage over the Flat?




Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter does not have a mortgage. She used my loan to pay off her mortgage and buy another house.


She is happy to transfer the flat to me to pay off the debt

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not actually received any answer to my question

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.


Hi again,


Sorry I was unable to answer you sooner.


Thanks for your reply.


Your Daughter is free to transfer the property to you.


The procedure is quite straight forward but your Daughter will need to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor to deal with the Transfer to you. Her Solicitor will need to prepare a Land Registry Transfer document, which is then signed and registered at the Land Registry.


Solicitor fee is likely to be between £200-£300 plus VAT and the Land Registry will make a charge of £50 to register the Transfer.


I hope this answers your question.


Kind Regards