How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50165
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

im a nurse in a management position and have suddenly had my

This answer was rated:

im a nurse in a management position and have suddenly had my junior staff naming me on face book that I don't care about my residents or the staff can I bring legal charges against them

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Do you mean take action against them outside of the workplace?



Ben Jones :

That will be rather difficult I'm afraid. You are really looking at claims such as defamation, and these are very complex and expensive. They will inevitably run in the thousands and you have no guarantee of success and even if you win you cannot guarantee that those responsible will be willing or able to pay any compensation you are awarded. I would certainly not recommend you get involved with such claims.


This is really an employment matter where you are able to raise this as a complaint with your employer and they will investigate this and consider whether any action is appropriate. This would most commonly include disciplinary action against the guilty parties, although it is for the employer to investigate the allegations and decide on what steps are needed to be taken next.


You are able to take this matter further by raising a formal grievance to the employer and including details of these posts. I suggest you print or save these comments before they are removed so that you can use them as evidence.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your query or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you