How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I was a Company Director in our family business and made a

Customer Question

I was a Company Director in our family business and made a loan to it which was paid back monthly and made up this loan to the original £25K on a regular basis.Being a family business there was not any written agreement just my bank account payments each time and the record of the monthly receipts.The Company showed the payments as a loan which is their record.The people who purchased our shares stopped paying the monthly sums and they paid a monthly sum to buy the shares which has been fulfilled but they are not paying the loan back.What way could I recover the outstanding balance which is £15100.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there any evidence at all of the loan please? Is it recorded in the books?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,