How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi can u help me of the girls from my daughters

This answer was rated:

Hi can u help me of the girls from my daughters class put stream over her neck the teacheare phone me to to say they gone to keep them separate.what should i do and what is my rights to do in this situation?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Sorry but what did they do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like to now what should I do on situation when your daughter has problem at school with same girl and today was the worst as that girl put a belt over her neck so I just want to now what is my wrights in this situation. School contact me To say they didn't see whats happened so they took both of them to the head-teacher.The school have desisted to watch them and keep them separate! Thank u oksana
Why did they put a belt over her neck?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't now why she did it so us my daughter!i would like just to now as parent what should i do on this situation?
It doesn't make a huge amount of sense at the moment?

If the allegation is that this was an act of violence towards her then the school could take action against her. Clearly they are saying they cannot here because they cannot be sure what happened. Obviously they are only able to punish a child if they can be reasonably sure that they were to blame.

You could complain about that decision. If there is any evidence that she was the aggressor then you can put that before them. Essentially though you have to persuade them that their view that they cannot be sure of her guilt is wrong.

You can also complain to the local authority but you have a similar problem there.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jo
I agree,because they can't be sure what happened they can only punish that girl and us is no evidence to that situation is nothing I really can do!just wait and see and make sure they do what they say to keep them separate !thank u oksana
Yes, I agree.

Sadly if they can't say what happened then neither girl can be punished.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you