How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71134
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am being summond to court by post from an address I no longer

This answer was rated:

I am being summond to court by post from an address I no longer live at, my estranged wife opened the summons, can she put it back in the post and mark no longer at this address and can I then ignore it

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is this your last known address ?

Have you given your creditor your new address please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is my last known address, I have moved out 2 months ago we are currently going thro divorce ,I have rented another flat, I havent told anyone my new address.


That is all I need to know.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

If this is your last known address then service there is good service.

Even if she does place it back in the post, if its been delivered there then it will be deemed served I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I accept your reply. BUT, if I move away or even to another country I dont see how I have to tell everyone where I am going.My wife could just put stuff in the bin without my knowledge.

This court action could be anything,and not a creditor.

Yes, it could.

However, I'm afraid leaving a summons at your last known address is good service in law.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you