How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49850
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am a self employed consultant engineer, trading as a limited

This answer was rated:

I am a self employed consultant engineer, trading as a limited company, and I wish to take a client to court over an unpaid bill of £900. How do I proceed?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Assuming you have already sent them formal reminders and have also threatened legal action, if the bill still remains unpaid then you can proceed with making a claim in the Small Claims Court. This is a relatively simple process and you can submit it online by going to where you can complete the online claim form and it will kick start the whole process. The court will contact the debtor and advise them of the claim, then they will have a limited time to defend it, otherwise you can seek to obtain judgment in default against them


Thank you Ben, that is most helpful.

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you